Student Services is a one-stop, one step service for all student information queries. If we don't have the answer, we know someone who does!
For students the Student Hub will:
- Have staff who are knowledgeable, friendly,helpful and proactive in their approach, and who take a case management approach to student issues to make sure they are resolved.
- Have staff who are committed to providing an environment where students feel they are welcomed and that they belong to at Henry Kendall High School.
- Provide services that are delivered efficiently, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provide an environment that will look and work differently at different times of the year, to reflect student needs as the academic year progresses.
- Provide learning environments that are flexible and adaptable to facilitate different learning styles and needs.
What Services Are Provided?
- Learning Support - students can self-refer or be referred for learning support. This could include one off support with an assessment task or ongoing support with literacy and or numeracy groups. We have worked with students both in class or in the Hub for individual support out of class time.
- Disability Support - Some students have a disability that requires additional support or accommodation. This may be short or long term. Student services aids in developing individual learning plans to support the needs of the student. This may include the application for funding and or outside agency support.
- Counselling Support - The aim of our service is to provide support, guidance and encouragement to you during your time at High School. If your are worried about things or not coping we offer students a confidential service where you can discuss any issue whether personal or related to your studies with our professionally trained staff.
- Careers and Transition Support - The aim of this service is to help students to plan for and exit into post school options. Students can self-refer of be referred. Students are offered support in resume writing, job application and support, work placement and running of a job club.
- Norta Norta Tutor - The Norta Norta Program funds schools to provide learning assistance for Aboriginal Year 4, 6, 8 and 10 students, tutorial assistance for senior Aboriginal students and tutoring, mentoring, leadership programs for Aboriginal students in middle and senior years.